Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The beds are sooo hard..

A young asian woman sleep with one hand on her laptop photo

I was finally able to reach James and they are now at the hotel in Yangzhou...Kennedy had to tell me how hard the beds are...Mom you can't beleive it..I do beleive..I have experienced them myself on my trips to China.
I told her with all the running around they have been doing..no matter how hard they are once she put her head down on the pillow she would sleep like a baby.

Yesterday was quite the day James said...they had a big dinner with the mayor of Yangzhou and many people from Civil affairs. Kennedy was chosen to sit at the head table. They chose 3 of the kids..and all of them were from Canada. There were camera's there and James said it was something else. Very touching and banners Welcoming the kids back home. Kennedy was sitting close to the mayor of Yangzhou and he was asking her all kinds of questions and they were even clinking glasses together in celebration. They were given some gifts and a certificate. It was a very nice banquet and we thank those involved for the kindness shown to our daughter and the other families.

The person who was the Masters of Ceremony came up to Kennedy and told her that she had been following Kennedy's fundraising blog and that she was very impressed and honored that Kennedy was able to make the trip back home. She told Kennedy she should be very proud of herself for the hard work and that she had a good mother and father to help make it all happen. James said Kennedy was shy but happy to take the compliments.

You just never know who is reading your blog. How cool is that!!

As they pulled into the hotel this evening James indicated there was a big banner on the hotel Welcoming the girls home to Yangzhou. They are being treated as honored guests. The trip just keeps on getting better and better James said.

My phone died out before I could say my goodbye's...but I know that tomorrow will be a great day for James and Kennedy...it will be a very special one I am sure Kennedy will remember for the rest of her life.

Hugs!
Karen

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad someone in China saw how hard it is for these kids to make the trip. That just because we live in Canada doesn't mean that money is just falling out of our pockets!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, it is nice that they saw that it was hard work for Kennedy to be able to go. And how wonderful that they are treating these kids like such honored guests. I think about the way orphanage kids are treated there... and foster kids here... in the system and just about forgotten about except as a duty to care for them. Hopefully this openness and hope will reflect back on the kids still in care in China. How amazing that Kennedy brought SO MANY teddy bears, toothbrushes and other items. Christmas in March! I must admit I am boggled that they were reading Kennedy's blog! One never knows. I look forward to the rest of their trip! Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete